03 February 2008

Is Your Country Swanky?


I presume every citizen wants to have a swanky country or at least city. There are already many cities that are full of style. Just on top of my head i can name Tokyo, London, Paris, Havana, Prague, Casablanca, Stockholm, Venice and more. If we can state islands, they are Hawaii, Bora-bora, Bali, and again more others I don't know. It is frustrating if we are living in a place that is ugly. We will always ask how can we make our country/city/place swanky, won't we? Do we even have any plan? Isn't it nice to have a beautiful country and cities you are proud of? Or is this an impossible dream? Does Indonesia need a swanky doctor? Oh the good thing is that Indonesia have Bali, a very swanky island, indeed. At the moment, I live in Jakarta and it is raining hard. Flooding, bad traffic, pollution, uneducated citizens are definitely factors that prevent it to be a swanky city. Though I have to be real, I still have a dream and energy to try to make Indonesia a swanky place to live and love, of course with the help of lots of people. The old city of Jakarta is actually a gold mine, it can be a real swanky area where old colonial buildings can be turned into something really cool. But I don't know why not many people want to make it nicer. I know there are small amount of people who tried like, Graham who promote the area with Cafe Batavia and others who reportedly were unsuccessful in doing it. I would try to do all my best to make the effort to change. I will later list what kind of things that can help this city to become swanky in my next writing. Getting back from Prague definitely inspire me to come up with few swanky actions...

Let's keep our hopes high

More photos of Prague at Travel Pack Your Bags Swankglossy February 08 Edition

Text and photo by Gino Korompis @ gino.korompis@sglossy.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

swanky writing, i say...yeah..let's keep our hopes high.